2012/07/27

[ ✄ ] Pillows With Zippers


Learning to make pillow covers with zippers has been on my list of New Year resolutions, for several years. But I can finally cross this off this year, dammit. Zippers got nuthin'on me!

We'll see about that.


All in all, it wasn't that bad. If I can do it, you can do it. I learned how to attach both invisible zippers and conventional zippers by studying various tutorials online (see links below). I prefer the look of the invisible zippers. I am really happy with these pillows now. Before you could see the inserts peeking out (because I made them with barely enough fabric sans zippers. Ha!) and now they're nicely packed in and firm. Problem solved.

Even though I was able to manage with the zipper foot that came with my sewing machine, I still got a foot specifically designed to be used with invisible zippers, so I don't have to spend extra time ironing out the zippers. On a side note, if you have Janome HD-1000, don't get the Coats Invisible Zipper Foot kit. It will not fit. I ended up just getting the Janome-brand concealed zipper foot, which worked out pretty well.





Thanks to the writers of the following helpful tutorials on invisible zippers:
One for "regular" zippers:
Okay! Onward! To the next item on my New Year Resolutions list.
Uh, what was it again?

3 comments:

Veritable Janitorial Services Seattle company said...

Very classy! You are so creative and talented! Thanks for the tutorial. I have been looking for a pillow for my couch. Think I found it!

Sell My Home Today Dallas said...

Such an easy way to make your own pillows with the zipper. Thanks for sharing those links.

dreamcare said...

its very nice blog for me and very informative blog every. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing!cushion cover