2011/06/23

Vancouver: Culinary Highlights


Continuing with the Vancouver theme, I present to you the culinary highlights from the trip:
  1. Waffle sandwich at Miura Waffle Milk Bar. I had to get the bulgogi version with egg and kimchi. I demand they establish another location in my neighborhood.
  2. Almond tofu at Kingyo, one of several Japanese izakayas in downtown. Some beef ribs we were recommended were really good, too. Like melt-in-your-mouth good. Darn, their menu was too big for us to try everything.
  3. Yes, my friends. That is Nissin Cup Noodle you're looking at. In SEAFOOD flavor. Sadly, my local stores stopped carrying this years ago. Who knew I would find it at Konbiniya, all the way in Canada? I rarely eat instant ramen but if I had to, I would choose this and top it with Kewpie mayonnaise. Don't judge.
  4. Combo lunch set consisting of salmon rice and shiyo ramen at Ramen Santouka. Our main goal of the trip was to get good ramen, and this place came through. We really wanted to come back here, or at least try another ramen place but decided against it for variety's sake. But we really should have because the rest of the places we tried (I won't name names) were mediocre at best. But hey, at least we tried!
If any of you are Vancouver locals or have been there, what are your favorite places? We probably just barely scratched the surface, so any recommendations would be appreciated for our next time. Oh yes, there will be next time.

No comments: